Accounting Services for Investors & Self Funded Retirees
What accountant services are typically required by investors and self funded retirees?
The defining feature of investment clients in our experience is the variety and depth of services needed, across accountancy, tax and legal areas of expertise.
These types of clients as a group actually need and use all the accountancy services that we have outlined on this web site service menu.
Some investors will use some services only, but the investor client as a group is a client with such variety and breadth in their requirements that only a full service firm can meet the needs of all types of investors over the longer term.
To service investor clients we deliver the breadth of service and we deliver them as a team - collaborating to ensure the clients requirements are never lost in translation between different professional expertise areas - service across:
- Accountancy (which can handle a Unit Trust, a Joint Venture, a testamentary trust; as easily as a partnership or a company - and pull the whole group together),
- Financial Management Reporting (many investors retain equity in small businesses and want to know their interests are looked after)
- Tax Advisory
- Legal advisory including estates, commercial, property.
- Licensed Investment management
- Licensed Financial advisory
To understand this, one needs to understand the clients. From this you may see that your requirements too, as an investor, will over time change and become greater and more varied - and so you will be able to identify that you need the capability of a full service firm.
We have a relatively high incidence of more sophisticated investment clients serviced at Ascendia, in the sense that they are true investment clients as in people who live off their assets and that assets are often varied and substantial, and often include:
- Commercial property
- Residential investment property
- Small business equity interests
- Equity interests in development projects (residential housing, medium and high density residential such as apartments, commercial, industrial and special purpose)
- Primary Industry equity interests (directly owned farms and agricultural industries)
- Portfolios in direct shares, bonds, derivatives such as options, hybrids, bank income notes etc.
- Equity ownership in large enterprises (as a result of previous exits or succession processes)
- Mortgages and loan asset deriving interest income.
These types of investments are normally held through a variety of entities and arrangements including:
- Discretionary Trusts
- Unit Trusts
- Bare trusts
- Hybrid Trusts
- Joint Ventures
- Testamentary trusts
- Super funds
What makes Investor and Self Managed Super Clients want to do business with Ascendia?
Ascendia Accountants Noosa, Mooloolaba & North Brisbane (and the allied services of Ascendia Lawyers and Investment Managers) have substantial depth and breadth of professional experience in providing professional services to these clients. Existing clients refer many of our clients to us.
We find that Ascendia service features valued by investor clients are:
1. The Multi-Profession Team of Mitchelton & Sunshine Coast Accountants & Tax Advisers, Lawyers and Investment Managers
Because investors don't have to translate between the different professions whether it is:
- Bookkeeping to ensure monitoring of small business equity interests and reporting to shareholders
- Legal Advice and Services (from Ascendia Lawyers) that is explained directly by Ascendia Lawyers’ on behalf of a client to our Bookkeeping & Tax Accountants (such as commercial leasing arrangements being confirmed, settlement details for purchases or sales of property etc.)
- Superannuation Fund Tax Advice
- Residential Investment Property Tax Advice
- Testamentary Trust Accounting Services
- Investment Company Reporting
- Unit Trust Accounting and Unit Valuation
2. The Pro-Active Professional Service Culture of Partners and Staff
For instance our partners and staff are always looking at what opportunities you should consider.
We will offer additional services and raise opportunities with you for your consideration - we will put you in the driving seat.
We believe our job is to give you alternatives and choices. We won't make decisions for you - we will ask - are you interested in.”
3. The reliability of knowing - through contact with colleagues who use our accounting services - that we know what we are doing,
That where legal service is required we refer to the lawyer, where investment advice is required it is referred to the licensed investment advisers etc.