Portfolio Management Service
We provide portfolio management services in the areas of:
- Income focussed portfolios
- Defensive portfolios
- Moderately Defensive portfolios
- Balanced portfolio’s
We do not provide portfolio management services to growth or high growth asset allocation portfolio’s.
We do not provide margin lending advisory services or portfolio management services involving margin loans.
We do not advise on agribusiness or 100% tax deductible or structured investment products.
Built In Financial & Investment Advisory Service
Before we provide portfolio managment services, we will provide you with financial & investment advisory service with respect to your requirements and personal circumstances.
This initial Financial & Investment Advisory Service is provide by us as part of the Portfolio Management Service at no additional cost to you and is paid for by the Portfolio Management Fees you pay us for that service.
When we start providing Portfolio Managment Service, our service includes all the things you will need to have poccur to be able to have us manageing your portfolio in accordane with your authority and in keeping with your investment and financial requirements and circumstances, including:
- Initial discussions with you to understand your requirements and circumstances
- Initial Statement of Advice to you as required to enable you to consider all relevant issues - as required by you.
- Specific asset and asset allocation recommendations.
- Advice as to what to do with existing assets in the event of having funds already invested.
- Asset administration necessary to administer your portfolio of assets effectively and efficiently - including as authorised by you - establishing new systems to enable us and you to monitor, measure, report on and manage your portfolio etc.
- Provision of access to you for secure online reporting of your protfolio.
- Commencment of mangement of portfolio, including initial purchases, divestments, payments to you of income, portfolio review processes etc.
A copy of our current Financial Services Guide is below for your reference and provides more detail of the areas we are licensed to provide financial services. Ascendia Financial Services Guide.
Ascendia's Portfolio Managment Values
No exotic instruments, complex strategies, leverage, or illiquid assets
We simply do not believe that you need to use complex trading strategies, leverage, or exotic instruments to derive a good solid investment outcome. It is just not necessary.
Our portfolios use a combination of traditional ASX listed assets and other liquid managed assets. This means you retain liquidity and transparency, and you are able to implement asset allocation changes with ease. Even in times of market stress, this will mean that you retain access to capital.
The vast majority of the portfolio consists of direct assets for the cost, transparency and liquidity benefits that these provide. We will however also use a small number of managed investments that provide us with access to a very specific manager skill that is very difficult or impossible to replicate directly, or access to wholesale markets that we cannot access directly.
Direct Ownership & Portability
All the underlying investments are held in the name of you, the investor. This enables individual investors to participate in plans such as shareholder discount schemes or shareholder purchase offers etc. This direct ownership also means that you retain the flexibility to move your portfolio at some time in the future without selling down your holdings and crystallizing capital gains. This means you have portability of your investment assets.