Ex Pats & Cross Nats

Tax and Investment Services for Ex Pats and Cross Nationals

Contact Ascendia's multi-disciplinary team for tax & investment services for ex-pats & cross nationals. You'll find our offices in Maroochydore and Noosa on the Sunshine Coast, and in North Lakes, just off the highway in North Brisbane.

Areas of investment and tax support most required by Australian Cross Nationals

Contact Ascendia's multi-disciplinary team for tax and investment services for ex-pats and cross nationals. 

Providing tax and investment services to these types of tax payers over the last 10 years, the services most in demand as our experience has shown, relate to:

  • Ex-pat Tax Management (Australian residents coming and going between Australia and overseas) - including preparation of all tax returns for all entities related.
  • Advising on changes to tax rules for Australians working overseas
  • Advising New Zealand Investors who reside in Australia
  • Advising UK, US and SA Investors who reside in Australia
  • Australian owners of overseas resident companies.


Many clients who have been taxed as non-residents are now assessed as residents and whether their employer withholds tax (a non-Australian company) or not doesn't matter.

Don't take tax advice from your employer - it's your problem if they are wrong not theirs. There are many things you can do to mitigate your tax liability even if you are taxed as an Australian resident.

It may be that you don't need to do anything - peace of mind at no cost! It may be that a few simple changes can save you a lot of unnecessary tax expense.

Investors / Business Persons

Many investors in Australia think they don't have to lodge a tax return because they are not Australian residents - not true! For example, if you are a New Zealand or UK resident but you own assets in Australia; you must lodge a tax return and be assessed for tax in Australia.

If you have interests overseas, the way they are treated in Australia will not necessarily be the way they were treated where these interests originate, such as in Singapore or PNG, or in teh UK etc.

It is often necessary to get legal services to assist in collaboration wiht accounting and tax professionals to advise on the most prudent approach when self assessing in Australia on such interests - for your own protection.

In the past we have reviewed for example:

  • Employment agreements
  • Contracting arrangements
  • The basis of payments of capital or revenue streams

in order to assist our clients.

We're here when you need us.

To request an appointment with an Accounting, Law or Investment Client Service Manager, please fill out the form or Call: 1300 797 858.

View office locations



Service area:

Preferred Contact Method:

*Please complete all fields