Estate Administration Solicitors
Wills and Estates lawyers will help you avoid family disputes
Klooger Phillips Sunshine Coast wills and estates solicitors have many years of experience in providing supportive and understanding legal services when it comes to assisting clients in handling the administration of loved one’s estates.
The firm's solicitors understand that this is a difficult and trying time and the legal advice and documentation involved can sometimes be confusing and arduous.
- Klooger law firm's local wills and estates lawyers on the Sunshine Coast can prevent delays in the release of funds from an estate by processing the estate as quickly as possible.
- They can also ensure clients avoid nasty surprises, such as beneficiaries getting a tax bill for the estate after all the funds have been paid out to beneficiaries and the funds have been expended.
- And also prevent family problems by ensuring the estate is administered correctly by dispensing legal advice to executors on the correct administration and distribution of the estate.
Contact the law firm's Sunshine Coast lawyers for a confidential appointment with one of Klooger Phillips estates and wills local lawyers to discuss how the available legal services can meet specific and/or unique estate administration needs.
Why should you choose a Solicitor Experienced in Probate Administration?
- Save you delays in the release of funds from an estate by processing the probate as quickly as possible.
- Prevent nasty surprises such as beneficiaries getting a tax bill for the estate after all the funds have been paid out to beneficiaries and the funds have been expended
- Prevent family problems by ensuring the estate is administered correctly and advising executors on the correct administration and distribution of the estate
- Save you legal costs by administering the estate properly so that we minimise the handling costs and to'ing and fro'ing that can occur with estates matters when managed by solicitors inexperienced in estates administration matters.
What does an Estates Solicitor Assist me with - as an executor ?
We can assist you - as the solicitor appointed - by managing the administration of the probate (the assets dealt with under the will), including identifying and taking in the assets and paying the liabilities and finalising the tax returns and paying the tax liabilities, and then finally paying out the assets as appropriate to the beneficiaries of the estate (including adminisrtating the assets to any testamentary trusts created by the will).
We can advise you as to what is relevant and needs to be done in your specific circumstances, and we can assist you to communciate with beneficiaries and also in some circumstances communicate with beneficiaries directly or you.
Practically our role can also extend to assisting family members to understand non-probate matters, such as control of assets not personally owned by the deceased (such as assets owned in trusts or companies), as well as advising family members about assets subject to mortgages and partnership agreements, and assets and liabilities of related parties controlled by the deceased.
We are happy to discuss this further with you. Just contact us by emial.
In some very simple circumstances you can, as an executor, administer an estate without needing to use the 'probate' process, and also without needing a solicitor to administer the estate. We can explain this to you too.